Monday, February 11, 2013

Dioramic Modes 75%

Dioramic Modes or Representation

Process 

Photograph 01 

Photograph 02 

Photograph 03 

Photograph 04 

Photograph 05


    The dioramic process took me back through thinking conceptually about the space I'm working on.  I started by analyzing my site and trying to decide which aspects of my conceptual plan I would like to explore.  The southwest corner of the site will feature a stormwater management park which not only treats runoff, but can also be used as public park space.
    My initial process sketches began with simple shapes.  I used boxes to describe a wooded section, the Lloyd Expressway (Evansville, main thoroughfare running by the site), a ditch, a walkway, and open space.  After moving the shapes around some, I began to give them form to see how they might play out in plan and section view.  This led me to find materials for a model which might represent the raised walkway, trees, and various elements which might be found in the space.

No comments:

Post a Comment